Regain Self-Esteem and Confidence Through Work
Bellevue Clubhouse organizes its work into two Work Units: A Hospitality Unit and a Business Unit. Both units are responsible for different tasks and projects. However, both unites also share certain responsibilities such as member outreach, goal planning/recovery portfolio management, and supply inventory.
No clubhouse could function without the Hospitality Unit (Food Service Unit). In the morning the main focus is on preparing nutritious meals for everyone in the clubhouse. At lunchtime there are opportunities for members to get involved in serving the food and in cleaning up. Is food service not your interest? No problem, since the Hospitality Unit also includes operation/management of the Snack Bar, Bank and Social Program. The following tasks are part of this unit:
- Cooking and baking
- Menu planning
- Grocery shopping
- Preparing meals
- Taking lunch orders and waiting on tables
- Clean-up and dishwashing
- Organizing and restocking the Snack Bar
- Keeping track of inventory
- Depositing revenue
- Operating the cash register
- Primary event coordination for Special Events
The Hospitality Unit also operates the Snack Bar and the Member Bank. The Food Service unit is in charge of the “Dine with a HERO” program. In this program, we invite key community leaders, supporters, and stakeholders to our clubhouse for a tour, a meal, and a short presentation.
The Business Unit in a Clubhouse is always very busy and is responsible for all the general administrative and clerical tasks of the Clubhouse. Tasks include:
- Statistics for WSCC, Medicaid, MHD and DVR
- Basic Computing including database input, spreadsheets and internet use
- Managing the IT needs of the clubhouse including: e-mail access, server, printers, copiers, etc.
- Enrollment of new members
- Production of the Bellevue Clubhouse newsletter
- Reception area responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining new documents
- Copying, filing and collating
- Maintenance of the unit, including: Media Center, Business Unit and Bathrooms
- Clubhouse Virtual Resource Center (CVRC including a Library and Media Center
- Manages event announcements, weekly cards, birthday and celebration cards and clubhouse mailings.
If you have any office interests already, or would like to learn computers from the start, this is the perfect opportunity for you. We are always delighted when we get the opportunity to pass on what we have learned to new members and share our skills and varied experiences.